04-02-2014 01:10 PM
Hello, my name is Hannah.
Recently, my father bought me a used laptop from a pawn shop family friend.
when i got the laptop, all these windows kept popping up about cleaning it up. virus scans and all this. I've no idea how to work a computer. I don't know if i am to run these cleaning scans beacuse they try to charge me for them. "RegClean Pro" is what it is and it says 129 registry errors found. if i click on fix issues, it ask for a credit card. that may be a scam but the others i do not know. and also, the battery does not and refuses to hold charge. to keep the laptop on, i have to have the chrger in 24/7. i got the thing to help with college and i've no idea what to do or how to fix it. i do not have the money to take it to a shop and get it fixed. i'm also afraid of doing or clicking anything and breaking it or crashing it or something like that. i'm highly frustrated please help!
The previous owner evidently picked up a lot of malware on the laptop. Do not pay for any of those scams!
A System Recovery will wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows:
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)