11-08-2010 07:42 AM
* Name: Stefania Postu
* Organization: Home
* Mailing Address (No P.O. Boxes):
* Apartment/Building/Mailstop: 19A Montpelier Road
* City: Brighton
* County: East Sussex
* Zip/Postal Code: BN1 2LQ
* Phone Number (including area code): 00447979155783
* Alternate Time for Callback, (if we are unable to make contact the
first time): anytime
* Product Model Number (ex: ze4250, n5441 etc): tx-1375dx
* Product Number (ex: C1234A): VM308UA#ABA
* Product Serial Number (ex: US12345678): CNF94135CX
11-08-2010 09:11 AM
Do this to return to factory OS :
Right click on "Computer" and go to "Manage"
find "Disk Management" in the left column and click on that.
Look for the partition marked "Recovery" and right click on the partition and choose to make it active, ignore the warning and continue.
Shut the laptop right down and then boot up with out tapping F 11. It should boot into the recovery process.
When ever you disrupt the order of the partitions in almost all cases you will not be able to use the recovery manager or F 11.
Even in some cases the above method may not work. Remember to save your personal items.
If it does work, create some recovery DVD's and use Sony DVD+R
11-08-2010 12:43 PM
If what HaggisCat advises you to do does not solve your problem, you can contact HP Support for the UK by phone and see if they have a restore disk set available for your notebook.
Here is the link for HP support in the UK: call 0844 369 0369
Tell the customer service representative you need to order a restore disk set for your notebook. You will need to provide the model number and serial number normally found on the bottom of the case. There may be a small charge for postage and handling.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)