Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have brought this HP 15-r007tx Notebook PC & installed windows 8.1. i got all the drivers for it except webcam driver.i installed cyberlink youcam driver it shows "no webcam detected".

imaging device is not listed in device manager,i think there is a software or driver for hp truevision hd webcam as i have seen in another same laptop since its not installed in my laptop maybe webcam is not detected.

please help me fix my webcam

thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Lokesh-M  welcome to the HP Forums.

It appears that you're trying to get the webcam working in you notebook, that it's not being detected. I will try to assist you with this.

I would suggest starting with this document:
    Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 😎

You can also try looking for the driver and software, here are two methods.
1) HP Support Assistant
2) HP 15-r007tx Notebook PC Drivers , using the scan now option from this page.

Please let me know if the above was able to help you.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Lokesh-M  welcome to the HP Forums.

It appears that you're trying to get the webcam working in you notebook, that it's not being detected. I will try to assist you with this.

I would suggest starting with this document:
    Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 😎

You can also try looking for the driver and software, here are two methods.
1) HP Support Assistant
2) HP 15-r007tx Notebook PC Drivers , using the scan now option from this page.

Please let me know if the above was able to help you.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

HP Recommended

my laptop is not even recognizing hp truebision hd webcam,it says 

Untitled.png

unknown usb device i think webcam is not connected properly

HP Recommended

Hi,

If the unknown is the cam, it wouldn't not be connected correctly or you wouldn't see that much. This comes down to being a driver related issue and not having the correct one or newest.  Did you try the suggestions above, for installing the correct driver?

If the screen shot is after trying the steps in my first post, right click on the unknown device, go to properties, details tab, then use the drop down and pick hardware id. Provide this to me please.

HP Recommended

sorry for late reply, i have givern to service centre.they said its problem with bios so they updated bios & fixed it..

thanks for the help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.