02-12-2012 01:37 PM
i have a compaq presario f750us an im trying to reinstall win 7 32-bit from a external usb dvd drive but i cant seem find a way to make the bio's boot from usb the orignal dvd drive stopped working
02-12-2012 03:54 PM
That's not good.
Try removing the bad DVD drive from the PC and booting without it installed.
Also try a hard reset of the notebook.
If none of those things work, you probably have a bad motherboard.
02-12-2012 04:42 PM
i already had the bad dvd drive removed. i also done the hard reset it gave me my sound back but still not being able boot from usb. the usb ports work cuz the external dvd drive is working.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)