Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6-aq000 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm Soyal. I mistakenly uninstalled all the Microsoft C++ programs as I was trying to uninstall the Microsoft Visual Studio from my PC. As, I remember they were like: Microsoft C++ 2015 (64-bit), Microsoft C++ 2010 (32 bit), and similar programs. There were four or five of them. I uninstalled them all. So, now when I turn on my PC, I get a message on my screen. (AccelerometerSt.exe - System Error) " The program can't start because msf120u.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. " This message remains on the center as I run every program until I close it or click the OK button. I have taken a screenshot of my desktop to demonstrate the issue more precisely. Please help me get rid of this permanently and my PC is also running a bit slow now. Is it because the Accelerometer can't execute ? 

Sincerely,

Soyal

.dll file missing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome back to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Please, restore (reinstall back) the MS Visual C++ redistributable package(s) you erased by mistake and the issue should fade away. Here are download links >> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome back to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Please, restore (reinstall back) the MS Visual C++ redistributable package(s) you erased by mistake and the issue should fade away. Here are download links >> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you very much for your opinion. But I didn't do that. I got the solution before your reply. As, I searched for similar issues in the forum and I found a related post. I did as suggested in the post and that abolutely worked. And, I would like to share what I did :  I simply uninstalled the HP 3D DriveGuard and reinstalled it so installing it restored all the MS Visual C++ Redistributable Package(s) that I mistakenly deleted. So, now I don't get any annoying .dll file missing messages on my PC whenever I turn it on. Anyways, thanks for the download links. I appreciaite your crucial consideration. 

And, Happy Merry Christmas to all the HP employees. 

Sincerely,

Soyal

HP Recommended

Thank you @Soyal

This is definitely helpful feedback to keep in mind.  Merry Christmas !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.