Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Okay,

So I took out the first Memory Ram 2GB, then I turned on the laptop and it worked with only 2gb in and 2gb out. "Now running on 2gb". Then I switched the Memory RAM cards in diffrent slots, "Vice Versa". After that I turned on the laptop and it worked with 4 Gb ram in back to normal.

So just switch places with the memory ram and turn it on, worked for me.

I came upon this problem after plugging a diffrent Ac Adpater to my laptop; not a great idea.

Cheers,

HP Recommended
Same problem..caps lock and nums lock blinking continously.can't able to boot my dv4 hp laptop.if somebody know a real solution then itvwoukd be great for all having this problem.

Thanks.waiting for a concrete solution.
HP Recommended
So do I needed to switch my ram in to different slot??
HP Recommended
Same problem as above Those keys mentioned blink every 3 seconds What does that mean?
HP Recommended
Where exactly is the memory stick? cause i just got this system and its my first.
HP Recommended

CHECK THE BACK LIGHT, NEEDS TO CHANGE. MEMORY OR CPU CHANGES.

HP Recommended
Thanks my laptop is working now, thanks to you 🙂
HP Recommended
You were right! It did work on my HP dv4 too! Removed the bottom ram and left the one on top. Thanks for sharing!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.