02-15-2013 06:58 AM
I was on the phone with my online computer service for at least an hour and they couldn't help but referred me to the HP service for which there is a charge. I tried your method and it worked like a charm. Many thanks!
05-05-2013 02:31 AM
Hi David/Any one who can help,
I have HP pavillion dv4 2165x , does not turn on , fan seems to be running as i can hear the sound, LED on for power button, mute and volume, wifi button, power icon left bottom corner except other two buttons at left bottom corner. Num lock and caps lock blinks for 3 times continously with a break for 2-3 secs. What could be the possible error?
05-06-2013 01:12 PM
I see that you are having start up problems with your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.
Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps that may help with this issue. Also, the issue with the blinking LEDs is listed in this link. If you are getting three blinks and a pause then the issue is with the memory.
05-19-2013 01:39 AM
My dm4 1219tx has similar problem.When I press power button my caps key blinks in a pattern of 3 times.But after some time booting starts as normal.It doesn't happen always as sometime normal booting also occuers,but I want to knw what's d problem is as functionally my laptop is completely fine after it gets on.Also when i m trying to switch on the graphics card my laptop freezes.
05-23-2013 09:52 AM
I understand you’re stating when you turn the computer on sometimes you get no image and the caps lock light blinks 3 times, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.
Sometimes that blink code refers to a memory issue, I would like you to do a hard reset and run a memory test if possible.
1. Shut down the computer and remove all connections including the battery and AC adapter
2. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
3. Reinsert the battery and AC adapter once done.
1. When you turn the computer back on immediately tap the F10 key ( this key is time sensitive so you may have to shut down the computer and try it again)
2. If successful it should lead you to the BIOS setup screen
3. Across the top you should see diagnostic, using your arrow keys toggle over to that section
4. Run the memory test underneath diagnostic
Please respond with your results when possible.
Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
06-28-2013 04:50 PM
Did you get it fixed? I had the same problem. I took the motherboard out and put in my oven at 385 degrees for 8 minutes. It now works! Search youtube and you will find more details and how to take you computer apart.
07-08-2013 11:49 PM
Im an IT pro, and i normally resolve this issue like this, first you may encounter that even if you change the memory stick from one socket to another it dosent seem to work, okay, force the M/B BIOS to enter into recovery mode, Press the four arrow keys at once, turn on the laptop (keys are pressed) and release after. If this dosent work move the memory chip to a different bank (ie slot) and try again. Don't swap them, work with one memory chip at the time. (Hard to believe that both chips are gone) but not impossible.
Basically you have a broken RAM memory chip. But not all cases are the same so put that in mind.
I hope it helps you guys.
08-08-2013 02:11 PM
I recently tried to upgrade my ram to the 4gb stick since you cannot leave both ram sticks in because they block one of the fans from cooling the hard drive. I've tried both the slots with the 4gb stick and also tried going back to the original 2gb stick in both slots as well but I am getting the code for "graphics controller not functional". Has anyone come up with something that works that doesn't involve spending a ton of money?
I'm becoming very wary of purchasing HP notebooks because of these issues. Would love to have some solutions from HP that didn't involve simply buying another notebook. At this point it appears they are making them to last the period of your warranty and then they want you to replace them.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)