Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Nothing it just goes to the home screen. 😕
HP Recommended

Hi again.

I just found written instructions and video how to start System Restore. Here it is - hope this will help you.

You can attempt to start it before Windows loads or from Windows - it is up to you.

Please, let me know the results.

IT_WinSec

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Just done all of that, worked for a few minutes then the same thing came up again?
HP Recommended

Thank you for coming back. The issue seems more complicated than I first thought it could be.

It needs more in-depth investigation.

We will try something else if System Restore does not work.

What you experience is called BlueScreen Of Death (BSOD).

BSOD is caused by either software or hardware failures.

Software may be software conflict/driver issue. Hardware could be bad memory or disk, or something else.

I should analyze some files (dumps) in order to be sure what is causing the issue.

First, when you start your computer to Windows, press the Windows key and W

Type system and click the System option.

Windows Control Panel -> System should be opened.

Then follow the instructions here to Disable Automatic Reboot after Blue Screen Errors

Uncheck "Automatically restart" option and click OK.

When BSOD screen appears your computer shall not reboot but the blue screen will remain on top.

Please, write here absolutely everything you will see on the screen. (of take a picture and upload it here or somewhere else). There can be some code which may help me help you. After that you will have to hard restart your computer.

After reboot/restart , open the Computer (Windows Explorer) and go to C:\Windows\

Open Minidump folder

There should be some dump files inside the folder.

Mark them all, right click them all (when marked) -> choose Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder

Windows will now create a zip archive

I will need this zip archive containing the dump files. They may help me providing technical information about why the issue happens.
You could upload the zip/archive files with dump files somewhere (example on your Microsoft SkyDrive account or in your Google Drive account) and then provide me a link to this file. I will download it and analyze the files.

Then I will get back to you with more information.

Please, follow the instructions carefully. Provide me with the bluescreen error and with the zip containing the dump files.
Thank you for your cooperation!

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Just done all of that, worked for a few minutes then the same thing came up again? I don't have enough time to do the last bit then 'your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. (100% complete)'. Now it just stays on that screen!
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for posting back.

Unfortunately without the exact error code and message and without the dump files I will not be able to provide specific help - it could really be many things - it could be bad hardware or some faulty driver/conflict , and many other things.

Do not worry - I will be here - perform the instructions when you have time.

In the mean time you can check your hard drive for errors and you can check your RAM, following these instructions:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02097000

However, I am afraid that without the dump files, I will not be able to provide specific help.

There are other options, too - if you do not need time troubleshooting on your own, you can take your HP laptop to HP authorized service center and let the technicians check it for you.

Please, come back when you can - I will be glad to assist you !  Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

Brand new hp pavillion g6 -2235TX keeps crashing. A blue screen with sad emotive  your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart... every 2 minutes

I have only had it a week and barely had it on so am hoping for a replacement from the store i bought it as this is ridiculous.

Any suggestions why its happening or if I can fix it

thanks

HP Recommended

@chrismm wrote:

Brand new hp pavillion g6 -2235TX keeps crashing. A blue screen with sad emotive  your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart... every 2 minutes

I have only had it a week and barely had it on so am hoping for a replacement from the store i bought it as this is ridiculous.

Any suggestions why its happening or if I can fix it

thanks

H chrismm,

Welcome to HP support forum!

I am sorry about the issue you experience.

Now, about your issue - you have posted in another thread with issue similar to yours. It could be related but it might also be not.

Please, check some of my posts above in this thread.  As you will notice, this is called BSOD - Blue Screen of Death and is done by Windows to save your machine. It may be software related (by some program you recently installed) or it could be hardware related (by faulty machine part of fautly external device). In all cases we must investigate to be 100% sure why is this happening.

I would like to help you - Please follow the instructions carefully and strictly if you are willing to troubleshoot this situation :

*** I will need a memory dump files (you can read the thread above and see how to submit them to me)

You can in the mean time test your memory RAM:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02097000

You can also test your disk drive:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

Additionally, you can read these articles:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/How-to-test-RAM-and-HDD-Hard-Drive/td-p/...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372711

Thank you for your cooperation!

IT_WinSec

HP Recommended

My new Windows 8 HP Pavilion G6's screen keeps on turning white. I take of the battery and works normally for a couple of minutes then turns white again. What must be the problem? Haven't dropped my laptop or something. Also scan for virus but found no threats.

HP Recommended

Why don't your techs research this widespread problem and report back with a real answer, many of us know the basic Computer repair 101. Now when connected to the internet the computer logs off and reboots, after about 30 45 seconds.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.