04-14-2012 11:14 PM
i was doing a system recovery on my laptop when i my wife informed me that didnt backup the hard drive so i stopped the process 15% of the way into the recovery and now when i turn on the laptop all it says is BOOTMGR is missing..is there a way to fix it?
04-18-2012 02:10 PM
Unfortunatly at this point your data is gone and I would suggest starting the recovery over. The only thing I can think of that you might want to try is taking the hard drive out and using an adapter (IDE/ATA Serial adapter) that allows you to plug the hard drive into a USB port to check and see if anything is still on it. I wouldn't count on being able to get the data at this point if it was already 15% through the recovery.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
12-30-2013 01:53 AM - edited 12-30-2013 01:54 AM
I did get the error message above on my Windows 7 laptop. To fix problem, a friend recommended me Windows Boot Genius that worked well!
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)