04-19-2012 07:31 AM
My Laptop will not start - it's a 4 year PC and it's runing on XP.
When I start I get this message" The Logon USer Interface DLL failed to load - Contact your administratoe to replace the DLL or restore the original".
How do I fix so I can start my windows.
04-19-2012 07:51 AM
- When you receive the error message that is described in the "Symptoms" section, click Restart.
- Press F8 repeatedly as your computer begins to restart. This triggers the Windows Advanced Options menu.
- Use the arrows on your keyboard to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
(Also, You can try Safe Mode and do a "System Restore" from there.)
***Last Resort, you will have to edit the registry and this may prevent your computer from booting***
- boot your system and tap away at F8
- Select Safe Mode
- After Windows loads into safe mode.
- Start >> Run >> “regedit” Press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu
- Look for the GinaDLL Key
- Select and delete this key and this key ONLY. DO NOT delete the entire Winlogon folder of keys.
- Close Regedit with the RED "X"and reboot the machine
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark "Accept As Solution" if it solves your problem****
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)