Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @TatianaP,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with an error "Password check failed fatal error" . I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.
Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

How long have you had this computer?  Did you every change the RTC battery?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@Lord_Nikon wrote:
@Fizzgiz

Use password e9luvoq7uh and follow instructions above from reo51st

Okay I did this. In the BIOS it now says that the passwordds are uninstalled. but when I try to boot Windows it still wants the original password which I don't have. I don't understand why when the passwords are off. 

HP Recommended
Are you able to post a picture of the screen asking for the password so we are aware of exactly which password your computer is asking for?
*****I do not work for HP*****
*****click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks*****
*****If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****
HP Recommended

@Lord_Nikon wrote:
Are you able to post a picture of the screen asking for the password so we are aware of exactly which password your computer is asking for?

2016-08-16.jpg

HP Recommended
Not sure what happened to the picture but all I can see if a yellow triangle with a black outline
HP Recommended

@Lord_Nikon wrote:
Not sure what happened to the picture but all I can see if a yellow triangle with a black outline

Hmmm......let me try again.

HP Recommended

2016-08-16.jpg

HP Recommended
Strange, it's still just coming through as a triangle, might need to upload it to a picture hosting site then post a link
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.