Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, My power ac adapter/power cord disconnects. I'm unsure if it's the ac adapter cord or a loose connector.  The area where it plugs into the laptop is very loose. If I position the cord a certain way it connects. Has anybody had this issue? I'd hate to buy a new ac adapter and it end up being a loose connector issue. Who know how much that costs to repair?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rebecca_41

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me with the info,

And congratulations on the new laptop, I hope it lasts for a lifetime 🙂

Have a wonderful day, ahead.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@Rebecca_41

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand there's power loss due to AC adapter cord or a loose connector,

The best way to identify this issue is by borrowing an alternate adapter from a local store or friend and if you could try that with the PC,

We should be able to determine if the adapter requires a replacement or if it's perhaps the connector/charger on the laptop,

If you have to purchase a replacement adapter, you could find a compatible part on HP Parts store: Click here for details.

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What places do you suggest I go to possible borrowing one. Do you think a Best Buy would have one to borrow. Or do you have a suggestion. Thanks for the assistance

HP Recommended

At times it will say it's "% available (plugged it, not charging)" I'm thinking that possibly it's a connector isue. What are your thoughts?

HP Recommended

@Rebecca_41

Thank you for the update,

You could certainly obtain one at the local best buy store,

Also since you are getting the message-"plugged in, not charging", 

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Though the above should help,

I would still recommend checking with an alternate adapter.

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the new suggestion. I actually made an appointment today at Best Buy's Geek Squad for a consultation to check the adapter. If it's not the adapter I will uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.

HP Recommended

@Rebecca_41

I appreciate the update,

Take your time and keep me posted,

Awaiting your replying,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The rep at Best Buy's Geek Squad said it's the area where the adapter plugs in.  When it's plugged in, it's really loose. Also, I difinitely need a new battery. I've noticed I don't have a long time to use the laptop in battery use only.  I'm thinking about having them send my laptop out. If the piece where it plugs in is connected to the motherboard than it'll cost approximately $400. If it's just sautered (sp) it'll be minimum $200 + over $50 for a battery. But leaning toward just buying a new laptop. Thanks for the assistance

HP Recommended

Does the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery only solve the message that it's plugged in and not charging that I see

HP Recommended

@Rebecca_41

Thanks for the update,

You are right, the ACPI-Complaint CM Battery reinstallation only helps with resolving the issue with the error message you had mentioned with regards to the battery,

The issues related to the loose connector shouldn't cost you as much as you've mentioned, I recommend getting a second opinion just to be on the safe side - Contact HP for the same.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.