06-27-2014 09:19 AM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your Compaq Presario CQ42-450TU Notebook and needing drivers to update to Windows 8. The first thing you need to do is check the Windows Compatibility Center for a check. Not all Notebooks are compatible with Windows 8. The drivers should automatically update once you do the download. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. The HP Support Assistant will help with the wireless updating drivers on your Windows.
Hope this helps.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)