Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am attempting to run the Notebook DMI Firmware Interface tool and get the error "MPM is not unlocked".

Does anyone know how to unlock the MPM without calling HP Support and gettng this "Escalted to 3LS"?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi,

This would be a topic to discuss on another website such as a BIOS modding website. That will certainly be where answers to this would be far easier to come by.

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Why is an HP site NOT the place to find an answer to this question given that it is an HP system? I'm having the same issue and having no luck finding any answers because HP doesn't help experirnced techs that do NOT work for HP with issues like this. If they had not sent me a refurbished crap part in the first place then I would not have this issue. Why is it that HP can not just answer this question to save us all the time of having to replace the part again?

HP Recommended

Further more I can't believe an HP expert that I can only assume works for HP is purposely telling people to go out to third party modding site to break into thier own equipment. I'm sorry but this is very troubling to me.

HP Recommended

The HP forums are primarily for customer-to-customer help and support and although there are HP employees actively participating, responses here are not necessarily from HP employees (and those that are may be from employees who do not have expert-level hardware/software engineering knowledge - their replies should not be taken as an "official HP response"). Including this one. 🙂

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

Then please explain to me how I CAN get an HP expert official response. Because through your admit there are HP reps that do participate but still no response to the question has been "officially" given.

HP Recommended

I'd suggest calling HP Support. Is the PC (or motherboard) under warranty? Given similar threads on the issue, in the past, this appears to be something that you won't be able to fix without returning the unit or the motherboard for service/replacement. You may be able to take it to an authorized service center that has the mentioned utility, but you'll have to get that info from HP Support.

See http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-e-g-Windows-8/manufacturing-programming-mode-is-set-t...

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

I have been working with this issue, and to unlock the MPM on system, you need to hold down the windows key, while holding the up arrow and the down arrow.  then coldbooting the computer. 

On the modle I am working on, this does not require a third hand, though it would help.

HP Recommended

I have a file SMC.bin on a memory stick and  - nothing!  What to do? Turn on system "windows key\/" - nothng! Normaly starting.

HP Recommended

You have an smc.bin file but each one is unique to the system  - you have no choice but to return the system to a HP service partner to resolve.

The process is restricted to HP partners and not available to the general public...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.