Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.  I have an HP DV9780ea and have recently upgraded to Windows 7.

I have found that the Green Windows Media Centre button on the supplied remote control no longer works.  Most of the other buttons do function (volume, channel, enter etc).

I have been told that in order to get the remote control (and the Green Button) working correctly I need to update the Infra Red Remote Control driver from the current (HPQREMHID.SYS) to a newer version.

Can you point me in the right direction for this driver please as it is very annoying that I cannot use the remote control properly.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

My remote buttons all work after upgrading dv2810us to Windows 7. Have you tried Update driver routine on the Remote from Device Manager to see if WU has a newer driver?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi.  Have tried updating the driver via Device Manager and searching manually.  Any HP moderators have any ideas please?  I can't be the only one out there to have this problem, surely?!

HP Recommended

My situation is even worse... After I upgraded to Windows 7, the IR device is no longer listed in the Device Manager. And, when I called HP about it, they want me to pay them to tell me how to fix it! This is outrageous!

I have since found and installed the ENE CIR Driver for Windows 7 (on my own) but... despite the fact that the installation reports that the device is ready, the stupid thing still doesn't appear in Device Manager.

Any help is most appreciated!!!

HP Recommended

i had this problem as well with my dv6700 also my quickplay was gone i followed the guide in the link below and it fixed the problem with the remote and the touchpad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6000-dv900...

specifically i installed quickplay from the link there and the quickplay launch buttons link

HP Recommended

Carte graphique hp dv9000 nvidia driver for Windows 7

HP Recommended

@siphd

Please post your full model number as listed in Section 1 or P/N listed in Section 2 of the Service Tag attached to bottom of your laptop.

HP Service Tag

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.