Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv3-4009ee Enterta
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi

i would like to ask how may i download a boost drive for my laptop, because i wasnt able to recover factory setting since the boost drive was missing, and i couldnt download an iso windows file from the windows website  because the windows serial number sicker on the computer back was wiped out, so i would appreciate your help to download windows iso file for my computer  

best regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi,

Tap away F2 key as soon as you power on laptop, perform extensive hard drive and memory tests from System Diagnostics BIOS.

Let it finish. Report back with results.

Assuming all the tests passed,
If 25 character product activation key of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bi, from COA sticker pasted on laptop has faded, your only option to get back Windows is to order HP Recovery USB/discs from HP or 3rd party sellers.

http://computersurgeons.com/search.aspx?searchterm=WS602EA

https://restoredisks.com

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

hi Visruth

thank you for your help , i tried to do system tese as you said, but it didnt work, because the system gave me a message that test could not be completed, in addition, i tried to download recovery disk from the websites you gave me but unfortunately i didnt find my laptop model recovery disk in both sites

thankyou again for your time & consideration

best regards

shereen

HP Recommended
Hi Shereen,

What exact error message you got while doing the system test?

Did it give any failure ID with failure of components?

Then no other way to install Windows 7 unfortunately.

Have you upgraded and activated successfully to Windows 10 previously?

Regards

Visruth
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.