Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-r00tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
sir i have installed 1 recovery diac out of 4 given by you but after 1st diac installation about 40% messege is given to me is that insert disc 2 but after 2nd disc install it doesnt processing and message insert disc 2 remain only
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Suyash_samant19

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Maybe it's just a matter of wording, but you don't "install" the recovery disks, as in, copy the contents to the PC's hard drive.

Instead, what you do is BOOT from them, starting with disk 1.

Is this what you are doing?

And, if so, is the recovery stopping part way through reading disk 2?

If this is indeed the case, there is nothing we can do about that, and what MIGHT be the problem is problems with you hard drive that is preventing disk 2 from being extracted to the drive for recovery.

To check your hard drive, press the Esc key repeatedly while booting, and when you then get the HP utilities menu, it should list an option for diagnostics -- usually, F2.  Press that and run the hard disck check.

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.