04-12-2012 01:54 PM
I received a secondhand HP Mini 110-1023NR. While trying to install antivirus software, I discovered that the previous owner had deleted the Windows XP Home Edition that was factory-installed, and instead had been using a bootleg copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.
I want to delete the 7 and reinstall XP. I checked the files; there is no "windows.old" file from which to recover. Since it was pre-installed, I have no boot disk/USB. I do have a copy of XP from an old desktop. Can I use that, and if so, how?
See this page for XP recovery options, more than likely since W7 was installed you will need the HP recovery discs to get it XP legally installed.
You can order recovery media here, or call HP on the phone to order 1-800-474-6836
If HP no longer has Recovery Media for your model, order them here
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)