07-12-2012 05:57 PM
Hi, I have an Hp ProBook 4530s and I put a password on it through the hp protect tools. I do not want the password anymore, I do know it. But I do not want to remove my battery or any internal parts of the laptop. How can I remove it, also if you do know, can you please tell me step by step how to remove it, I am not an electronic wizard and dont know much about the laptop I have only had it a couple of weeks. Thank you so much.
07-13-2012 12:49 PM
This is a tough one to go with but luckily, I found a solution for you. Check this thread from HP. Good luck.
1.Boot the machine with your Windows Repair CD. 2.Select "Repair Mode". 3.Use "System Restore" to set Windows back to a point before you changed the password. 4.Log on with your old password. 5.Plan ahead a little and create, test and document a spare admin account, same as you have a spare house key for emergencies. If you have no reset disk, this is a better way for you. What's more, do you have another admin account on your windows 7? Login it and you can reset other user accounts password easily. [Content Removed]
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)