Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dm4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
A little while ago i began getting a message that my hdd was failing so i purachased a new hdd and decided also to update the ram. When the recovery disc is used the screen says its loading files then after the progress bar fillsthe computer screen goes blank, the hp logo comes on the screen, then it just repeats what was just described. Not sure how to do this, pls help if able.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

troupe20

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about problems doing a recovery using the disks and wanted to help.

I know this may sound wierd, but back in the Win7 days, I would have problems install or upgrading PCs if there was too much system memory.  So, what I would suggest is to put the old memory back and see if that makes a difference.  I know it should not, but it might.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

troupe20

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about problems doing a recovery using the disks and wanted to help.

I know this may sound wierd, but back in the Win7 days, I would have problems install or upgrading PCs if there was too much system memory.  So, what I would suggest is to put the old memory back and see if that makes a difference.  I know it should not, but it might.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.