Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My laptop HP 15 r014tx . I am facing restoration incomplete error while factory reset. Plz suggest me a method . Wht should i do???
HP Recommended

Hello @yogendra88,

I understand that your notebook computer is experiencing an issue recovering the operating system, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To further diagnose this issue, I recommend following the steps in this resource on Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 😎. This should help you to successfully complete a factory reset on your notebook.

I would also encourage you to post which operating system you are using; and whether your operating system is 32 or 64 bit. The more information you can provide, the better!

Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi I have a HP 

c8p48av

The hardrive failed back in October and I had a HP service center in Singapore replace the hardrive under warranty and reload Windows 8 (originally installed OS).  After upgrading to windows 8.1 my touch screen stopped working.

I tried to do a factory reset as recommended by HP to fix the touchscreen issue but the recovery drive i made on a USB drive didn't work, I couldn't even start the recovery because I received an error that files were missing from the recovery drive.  I ordered a new recovery drive on a USB drive directly from HP.  Ordered the drive last week and just received it today.

I tried to do a factory reset with the recovery drive from HP.  It failed and here is the text from the log.

[22:10:38.14] ChkErrBB.CMD : Detect some error during PININST_BBV.
[22:10:38.14] ChkErrBB.CMD : Check c:\system.sav\logs\BurnBootWarn.log
[22:10:38.14] ChkErrBB.CMD : or, check c:\system.sav\logs\BurnBootMerge.log

i tried twice to do the reste and same error and log both times.

Ran a quick system test and everything passed.

What else can I do????

HP Recommended

not solve my issue

HP Recommended

Thank you HP for screwing up my PC when I decided to reset factory settings, 
thank you for selling me some useless recovery CDs for GBP 40,
thank you HP customer support helpline for telling me that nobody ever experienced this issue (seriously!), and that the issue most likely came from my Hardware, and that I should go to a local shop to get it fixed (because they stopped servicing HP Pavilion dm4-3000ea last month), and putting me through to the sales team who tried to convice  me to buy a new laptop for 20% off!
and thank you now for deleting the email address of someone who could potentially help!

THANK YOU for this Great service!

I never saw a company which tries so blatently to make money by offering services after screwing up customers' products.

COULD YOU HAVE NOT FIXED THIS SOFTWARE ISSUE AFTER READING CUSTOMERS' FEEDBACK ON THIS BLOG????? 

HP Recommended

Hi Cloud_Strider,

The link you've posted for the resolution appears to be dead.  Any chance this resolution and the associated softpaq are available anywhere else?

Regards.

HP Recommended
@ Cloud_Strider.

I have a HP ENVY 15. I bought it in 2013.
I performed factory reset without media disks through hard drive partition. It worked fine.

However, I tried to perform the factory reset and I get the error : Restoration Incomplete.

Will changing the BIOS date solve the issue and is it necessary to install updated softpack.

What do you suggest ?

HP Recommended

My Toshiba hard drive failed. This is the third time. This suggestion worked for me, and I was able to install the original disks.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.