Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Help!!!!!!

HP Recommended

my cooling fan stopped working how can i fix this issue i have a compaq presario cq56

HP Recommended

says come to this page becouse fan not working

HP Recommended
I am experiencing the same, so what do you suggest?
HP Recommended

My screen says: The ventilator is not working properly what should I do?

HP Recommended

ran hard disk test it failed

HP Recommended

@ashofteh

Hi,
Try suggestions from the link below:
How to prevent and deal with overheating.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@lixpharmayahoo

Hi,

Check this page and follow diagnostic process which is suggested there.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@ajamanjas

Hi,

Check post written by DavidPK here.

HP Recommended

@cp1117, dick24, omarh0214

Hi,

Perform Hard reset :

1. Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
  2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices.
  3. Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for about 1 minute to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
  5. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
  6. Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.