Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello dom2,

I see that you are having problems with the cooling fan on your computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hello Maulory,

I see that you are having problems with a fan error on your computer.

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps that may help with the error. Follow the steps in the link and it may help with the error.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hello JRM224,

I see that you are having problems with a hard drive error on your computer.

With the failure code you are receiving, in most cases the hard drive would need to be replaced.

Signature

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info looks like I must replace the hard drive.

HP Recommended

screen says the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly and that it may lead to a system shut down if not dealt with by pressing enter the computor operates ok. please advise. thank you

HP Recommended
When I on my laptop say please install an operating system on your hard disk
HP Recommended

sarting problam

HP Recommended

I am so sorry to say I am perplexed how it can be stated the problem is solved. I have tried time and time again to get rid of that message. Now the laptop actually makes a crackling sound. This has been since I only had the laptop for a little while. I really wish the solution could be working for me-the old F3 and F10 or whatever-have it printed off and it does not work. And why is someone with as good a reputation as HP is still putting these fans in the computers as they were 18 months ago????? Believe it is time to send back to get it fixed.

Sincerely yours.

Loretta E Sauvageau

HP Recommended

I install a new hard drive on my laptop hp and when I power on the laptop to install Windows 8 it shows me in blue words

Boot evice Not Found

Please Install an operating system on your hard disk

hard Disk (3FO)

F2 System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Now I done tests on memoery passed and hard drive passed too. still I cannot instal Windows 8.

HP Recommended

my laptop start up with a comand box, reads Failure id : 90FMVA-5NR6Q6-MFGH5F-60R6O3, PRODUCT ID : LW259UA#ABA ,  pushed F2 on start up and did test and hard disk test failed, do i need to repalse the hard drive

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.