Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My notebook say. Contact the web site above after running startup repair. It ran for about an hour and then screen has this web address. What can I do to get it working again. Not sure if it was the problem is.
1,513 REPLIES 1,513
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook. Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu. Select the Bios option ( f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.

Note: If the option to run these tests is not available in the Bios Menu, use the f2 diagnostic menu instead.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3fo) F2 system diagnostics for more information please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup
This is the error message that came up.
Thank you
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Part No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ).

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 32bit ).

3.  Is the notebook still under warranty?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Spoiler

I cannot get our computer to boot.  I always get the message:

-----

Insert windows installation disc and restart

File:  \Boot\BCD

Info:  Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid os entry

-----------

I have followed every possible path of options and the computer still does not boot and I get this same message.  I have tried using my Recovery disks with the same results.  Any suggestions??

lavanlieshout@gmail.com

HP Recommended

@lavenlieshout,

What version of Windows are you using ( ie Windows 7 32bit )?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have Windows 7.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you know if it's a 32bit or 64bit installation?

If you're not sure, post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

We have the 32 bit.

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you don't already have one, use another PC to create a Windows 7 Recovery CD.  Download the relevant ISO from the links below.

Windows 7 32bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  Once created, or if you already have this, insert the CD and restart to boot from it.  Select the Repair option.

Select the 'Repair your Computer' option and follow Option 2 in the guide on the link below to run Start-up Repair – you may need to run this 2 or 3 times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.