Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My system says CMOS Reset(502). Press enter to reboot. But nothing happens. It keeps showing the same thing on ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩d̶̲̥̅̊ on
HP Recommended

Hello obiefuna.  I understand you're getting the CMOS Reset (502) error.

Which notebook do you own?  This document will show you how to identify the notebook by the product number.

This error refers to the BIOS appearing to be corrupted.  Normally the computer would reboot after about fifteen seconds and reinstall the BIOS for you.  However, in this case it seems the BIOS may truly be corrupted.  This would explain why you're unable to boot in any fashion as the BIOS is the middle man between the software and hardware for the machine.

I suggest you attempt to restore the BIOS using this method.

If you find this helpful or want to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I will keep an eye out for your response.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
I did a memory test and it said pass but when I tried to do a primary hard disk self test it just freezes on 1% please help me I don't know what to do????
HP Recommended

Hello francesglz123.  I understand the hard drive test is getting stuck at 1%.

Have you tried hard resetting the notebook and trying the test again?  The hard reset drains all residual power from the notebook and forces the hardware to be reinitialized.  Try the following.

1. Ensure the notebook is powered off.
  2. Remove the battery and AC power.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds three times.
  4. Replace the battery and AC power.
  5. Boot the notebook and try to run the test again.

Let me know the result.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended
Hello . My name is Andy and I went to turn on my laptop today and it didn't turn on. It says:
Cooling fan (902)
Enter - Shutdown
The system Bios has detected a possible issue with the cooling fan.

Please can somebody help me?
HP Recommended

Hello Andy.  I understand you're getting the (902) error regarding your fan.

How long have you had the notebook?  If it is still in warranty (check here) then you should contact HP Support.  The number for US/Canadian customers is 1-800-474-6836.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

This error means that the system's cooling fan has experienced a problem and is not working properly.  It could be blocked by dust/debris or it could be experiencing a hardware problem.

First you should try cleaning the notebook using canned air.  This document can walk you through the process.

You may need to replace the fan and in that case I can provide you with some helpful parts and repair information.  In order to locate the information I'll need your notebook's product number.  This document can show you where it is located.

Have an excellent day!  I will be awaiting your reply.

HP Recommended

My Hp pavilion g6-1301tx does not have advanced tab in bios setup. What should i do to get it?

HP Recommended

mi bateria se baja rapida mente que puedo hacer

HP Recommended

Hello Prapanch.  I understand you have a question about features in your BIOS.

I do not believe there is an "Advanced" section in your BIOS.  The only sections are "Main," "Security," "Diagnostics," "System Configuration," and "Exit."

What feature are you looking for?  I can likely point you in the right directly.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello huber93.  I understand your battery life is unexpectedly low.

You need to test and possibly calibrate your battery.  This document cans how you how to run the test>

Make sure to post the result.  Have a great day!

***********************************************************************************

Hola huber93. Entiendo tu duración de la batería es inesperadamente baja.

¡Tienes que probar y calibrar posiblemente la batería. Este documento latas de cómo la forma de ejecutar la prueba>

Asegúrese de publicar el resultado. Tiene un gran día!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.