Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy dv7 eor61ea#abu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

simple pass not working, does not recognise windows password at start to gain access to system, no flashing light, drivers

in software only go to windows 8.1.How do I reset the lot or reinstall simple pass?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

follow the instructions for doing it and the reboots and it will work.. i have done a dozen of these now and all working.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Series 8 HP SImplePass program V8.01.46A  for Windows 10 is now available:

sp71729 HP SimplePass V8.01.46A W7-W10 32/64bit

Driver first, reboot and log in, program second, reboot and log in.

You can likely use your Windows 8.1 Validity Driver.

Reference:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

HP Recommended

Why can't we just use the Windows "Hello" Fingerprint security?   It doesn't make much sense to have to use HP's software when Win 10 already has software for fingerprint reading built in.   I tried SimplePass and had no luck making it work with my Validity 8.1 Driver.  It also doesn't work with Win 10 "Hello" interface. 

I think HP needs to release new drivers and software for Windows 10. 

The other question I have is, does Simplepass need any other dependent HP software to work?  I uninstalled most of the HP Security Tools as Win 10 said it couldn't upgrade unless I uninstalled them. 

HP Recommended

follow the instructions for doing it and the reboots and it will work.. i have done a dozen of these now and all working.

HP Recommended

tried to download link sp71729,downloads 92mb stops then says failed-network error tried 3 times no luck!

I am losing faith in windows 10, it is not happy with google chrome my preferred browser and has blocked it a few times  

I only use desktop so I might go back to windows 8.1. Any further support much appreciated.

update.

followed instructions to update ie drivers first software second hey presto all is well

many thanks 

bob

HP Recommended

I have an HP Elitebook 8760W.  I cannot get Simplepass or Windows Hello to recognize my Validity VFM-471 fingerprint reader.  I'm not sure I have the right driver installed for the Validity hardware.  Could someone please point me to a link for the proper Win 8.1 driver?   I'm trying to make this work on Windows Pro 64 Bit.  

I have tried everything to make this work.  Both Simplepass and Window Hello recognize the fingerprint read while I'm setting it up, but when rebooting and trying to log in with the fingerprint function - it doesn't act like it is even working. 

I've tried all of the suggestions on the instructions to no avail.  The Laptop works just fine without the fingerprint scanner, and I guess I can live without it, but I've been used to using it on Windows 7 for so long, I'd like to have it working agian. 

Any suggestions or hellp would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

HP Recommended

simple pass not working

HP Recommended

Who is it that marked this as solved?

It is not solved at all.

HP Recommended

I agree this is not solved. 

HP Recommended

I tried installing the the update for Simple Pass using the link provided, but when it came to installing, I get the prompt: AppHelp dialog cancelled thus preventing the application from starting.... What's up with that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.