08-20-2011 12:12 AM
why my hp g6 laptop its taking very long time to shutdown ?
my laptop is hp g6 4gb ram,i3,500gb hard.
some time its not shutdown its display screen blue massege shutting down ......but not shutdown
08-20-2011 04:20 AM
Shutdown the notebook. Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu. Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the details of any error messages.
If both the above tests pass, try the following.
From the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'. In to the prompt type the following command and hit enter.
sfc /scannow ( note that there is a space between sfc and the / )
Let the process complete, then type exit and hit enter.
Next, click the Start Menu, click Computer, left click Local Disc C once to highlight it, right click Local Disc C and select Properties. Click the Tools tab and then click the button to 'Check the Drive for Errors'. In the following window make sure both boxes are ticked and then click Start. Part of this process will require a restart to check the drive.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)