Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi!

i have just bought hp probook 4530s, installed win7(x64) and all necessary drivers from yours site. all things works fine but touchpad doesnt. while i was installing win7 i needed to use mouse connected via USB beacouse as i said touchpad didnt work. i installed synaptics drivers, tried double click on the left corner of my touchpad and it still doesnt work. i would like to know how i can fix this problem. can anyone help me?

my p/n XX964EA#AKD

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

There should be a touchpad on off tap zone on the upper left of the touchpad, and a light to indicate it is on or off.

Page 9 of this document

Touchpad on-off.png

HP Recommended

as i wrote i tried double click at the small point. the light is off all the time- according to the instruction it should works. i dont know what is wrong with it. any other ideas?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

yes, i tried this verisions and the others from various sites. i'm afraid that sth is wrong with this device... can someone give me some tips? is it problem with device or drivers? i entered bios but i dont know what i can do here...

HP Recommended

Does the trackpad pointing device show in Device Manager? any errors in there?

HP Recommended

in device manager everything is good. it is installed as Synaptics PS/2. after installation there isnt new icon in Start Menu or Task Bar for some touchpad configuration as for example after installation of graphic or sound drivers.

HP Recommended

Go to Mouse in Control panel and see it there is a Synaptics tab on the mouse software.

Have you rebooted since installation?

HP Recommended

yes i rebooted several times.

i dont have any synaptics tab in mouse software. i add print screens from my Mouse Software and Device Manager.

http://imageshack.us/g/64/nowyobrazmapybitowej2z.jpg/

HP Recommended

If it is under warranty I would send it in for repairs

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.