12-18-2013 04:05 PM
hi ive looked all day to try and fix this error i have reinstalled windows7 and all drivers but am not able to use the touch sreen or find a drive for the touch screen anywhere
any help please thanks
touchsmart tm2 1070us
touch screen not working
cant find the drive
windows 7 32bit
12-18-2013 06:03 PM
Try the nextwindow software available as download from the following weblink:
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
12-21-2013 02:24 PM
i downloaded that and installed it then restarted the computer then it just keept crashing the computer i add to restore it to get it working again
any other segestions welcome
12-21-2013 03:07 PM
PaddyDaddy - Don't do anything with this, I do not know if it applies.
Does the following software apply to this situation?
SmartCenter provides the touch-optimized shell for HP TouchSmart Mobile.
SmartCenter will include below application
- HP TouchSmart Canvas
- HP TouchSmart Notes
- HP TouchSmart Browser
- HP TouchSmart Weather
- HP TouchSmart RSS
There are other packages and updates in the "touchsmart mobile" set for the tm2.
10-15-2016 01:18 AM
I've reinstalled my operating system and now I use Windows 7 profession but I can't find touch screen drivers for my pc 64bit touchsmart tm2 1070us. Any help please! Thank.
10-17-2016 11:58 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well
As I understand the touchscreen stopped working after you reinstalled windows 7,
don't worry, though, as I have a few steps that should resolve your concern:
First, let's start with performing a hard reset to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue:
To perform a hard reset on a computer with a removable battery, use the following steps:
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
- Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
- Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
- Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
- If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
- After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.
Second, enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager:
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
- The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device.
- If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.
If the Enable option does not appear in the menu, continue to the next step:
- Reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
- Install Windows updates
- Update the BIOS and graphics driver
- Configure the touch display
- Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
- Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
- Reset your computer
- Perform a Microsoft System Restore
- Perform an HP System Recovery
Click here to know: How to perform each step.
Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Thank you for replying to my post,
If the Touch screen isn't appearing on the diagnostics,
I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).
If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please revert back to windows 7 to resolve it as either the OS wasn't installed properly (in which case, you can retry the upgrade) or the drivers are not compatible with windows 10 as of now, (you will need to wait for future bios updates that may fix the issue, if you haven't updated the bios, please do)
If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and requires a hardware service,
Let me know how that works,
I am an HP Employee
Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)