02-08-2012 09:35 AM
During recovery operations (both from recovery partition and dvd) appear the message "uiadump32.exe ha smesso di funzionare" (uiadump32.exe stop working). Previously another error occurred. In a line of a msdos-like window appear the message "this version of software isn't the right version" (is a translation from my language). My operative system is Windows7 64 bit. The notebook is a dv7 3007el. I've also installed Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04.
02-08-2012 06:03 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 04:18 PM by OscarFuentes
Recovery will not be compatible with Ubuntu installed, you will need to wipe the hard drive of all partitions and recover to a clean hard drive using HP recovery discs.
If you wish to add Ubuntu after HP recovery is complete see this page
If you do not have HP recovery discs
You can order recovery media here or call HP on the phone to order.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)