Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook W7V75UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just what the blazes is HP Radio Manager.  Neither Google nor HP Support would provide an answer, instead just asked irrelevant questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @adsouza,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. 

The HP Radio Manager is for the Wireless connections on your Notebook. Works the same as Network Manager or Assistant.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @adsouza,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. 

The HP Radio Manager is for the Wireless connections on your Notebook. Works the same as Network Manager or Assistant.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  Google and HP Assistant was no help. 

HP Recommended

Are you saying that the HP Radio Manager is used for wireless network communication?  That is, for communication with my wireless router connected to the internet?

Is the HP Radio Manager necessary?  If so, why?

If the HP Radio Manager is necessary, are you saying that Windows does not provide the capabilities necessary to perform the same function?  If so, what functions are HP providing that Windows does not?

What is the impact if I disable the HP Radio Manager.

I hope you see the jist of this request.  Please provide me with the information that will enable me to make an informed decision as to whether or not to disable this capability. 

HP Recommended

Hi ckl36. HP Radio Manager is the driver for the HP Wireless Button, which on your laptop model I'm pretty sure is also your keyboard's F12 key. It should have an LED on it that changes color when airplane mode is turned on or off. If you remove the driver from your system, you will no longer be able to use the button to turn airplane mode on and off, and you will have to do this by using settings in Windows instead.

HP Recommended

I have 2 HP EliteBook Revolver 810, i disabled "HP Radio Manager" on one of them so it does not start automaticaly when the computer start on the "Task Manager" and did not disable the otherone, both recated the same using F12 Key on/off Airplane mode, so the question still without answer, Why is this on the lpatops and why we need to keep it runing?

Nassef Tewfik
HP Recommended

Has anyone ever answered these questions for you? I see someone else in this thread was also wondering the same thing, and his question was also left unanswered. 
With recent revelation that our supposed "Right to Privacy" is really just a figment of our imagination, I'd rather not "Spoon Feed" them my personal data and information!!! (including my voice data!). 
Windows 10 appears to be LOADED with numerous unnecessary invasive and memory intensive apps that are nothing more than personal data collectors in disguise. 
I would very much appreciate a reply from someone from HP.  

HP Recommended

I did stop it and still every thing else is working fine.

Nassef Tewfik
HP Recommended

Since I could not get a straight answer from HP, I disabled Radio Manager.  READ the question BEFORE you venture a reply.

HP Recommended

On both of my HP note books I removed the wireless card and deleted the wireless button driver. I also disabled bluetooth in control set services in the registry, ethernet unplugged and NetStat still shows incoming and outgoing data packs. These evasive non answers given reveals a lot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.