11-03-2012 12:48 PM - edited 11-03-2012 12:51 PM
HP is having problems with AMD and switchable graphics drivers, but this may work.
You proceed at your own risk as none of this has really been tried.
Install this update from Microsoft first and restart. ( if you haven't already done so you may want to run Windows update and install anything that may have something to do with your problem.)
There are untested W8 drivers over at Notebook Review for your AMD 6550M
Be sure and read the info above the drivers listed before installing them.
Save the driver to your desk top and install it from there, not from a temporary folder.
11-07-2012 06:41 PM
My dv8 has NVIDIA graphics and the Vista/7 driver works well and even the direct one from NVIDIA itself.
However the problem that the original poster is facing is with switchable graphics and there is no telling when HP will come up with a solution.
11-12-2012 12:23 AM - edited 11-12-2012 12:25 AM
> i updated it to win8
> my graphic card is not compatible with win8
GO BACK TO W7,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(!?)
HP does not have to provide you with drivers for YOUR choice of updating.
HP sold you a working notebook with W7.
You want W8,,,,buy a new notebook with W8 and drivers preinstalled.
Thats what corporate America wants, its what drives the ecconomy's.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)