Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Fa

i cant find windows 10 drivers for my 

HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor PC

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !

I am afraid there are no official Windows 10 drivers for your computer as it is too old model created long before Windows 10 was even in the MS plans.

Officially, your computer only supports Win 2000, XP, Vista, 7

Please, note that Windows Vista and 7 are still under active support by Microsoft. Windows 7 is stable and reliable OS with support till year 2020 and is the preffered business operating system (based on current statistics at the moment). I'd recommend you continue using it on this PC.

As for Windows 10, if you insist on trying it, you may want to test.

Do create a back-up of all your files on external media.

You can get Win 10 Enterprise edition and test it for free for 90 days >> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-10-enterprise

Once you install Win 10, you can try to update drivers for network, sound, video, chips, etc... using the Windows Update method or Device manager. Here is how >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

Although HP does not officially support or offer drivers for W10 for this device, Microsoft may have drivers and the device might work on Windows 10 (no guarantee). If it works, you can use it. If not, just restore back your previous copy of WIndows or preferred OS.

If you need details on how to prepare Win 10 installation media, how to back up your files or something else, please post again and I'd provide details. Let me know if this works for you.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have W10 running just fine on my dc7800 CMT.

The only drivers W10 didn't find were the ones for the PCI Serial Port and the PCI Simple Comms controller.

Use the W7 drivers from the support page for those HECI (under chipset), AMT (under system management).

HP Recommended

How did you get the network driver to work? When my systm upgraded to Windows 10, the network icon in the system tray has a yellow triangle that says "No Internet". Device manager does not display a problem with any drivers, but it just doesn't work. Of course can't update window because no network. The network adapter driver Windows 10 selected was "Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection".

HP Recommended

i, @CLL_Technician :

I never actually tested the ethernet connection on my dc7800.

It is too far away from my router, and I have to use USB wireless network adapter.

But as you stated, in the device manager, it looks perfectly OK.

I don't have a long enough ethernet cable to even test it out to report the results to you, or I would have.

I do have a dc7900 SFF running W10 connected by ethernet cable, and that works just fine.

That one has the Intel 82567LM GbE Network Connection though.

I take it you tried the latest W7 driver directly from Intel?   If not, you may want to give that a try.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-?product=...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.