04-21-2017 04:51 AM
i have a HP 250 G4 notebook whicjh i down graded to windows 7 with a coplete format, now i have installed windows 10 from microsoft down load page, but i cant seem to register the windows. i have the key from the bios using various tools. what ever ui do i cant seem to register this windows. i know i know i should have used windows recovery cd from hp but i couldnt wait for the delivery.
04-21-2017 08:56 AM
Windows 10 can be activated from the original HP restore disk by a test routine unique to that disk or, the first time it connects to the internet the Microsft Windows 10 activation servers create and store a unique profile of your computer that will allow re-activation in perpetuity. But if the computer never was on the internet with Windows 10 installed there is no record at Microsoft, so the Media Creation Tool image will not activate. That means if you want Windows 10 you have to either pay for it now or get an HP Windows 10 recovery disk for your computer.
If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)