08-15-2013 03:28 PM
hello i own a compaq presario laptop i'd like to reset it to its factory settings i need help with this since i did not get a windows cd included when i bought the laptop. i googled how to reset your laptop, most of them told to press f8 and you could do it (boot screen) but it told me to insert the windows disk wich i do not have because it was pre-installed. i also have a dead battery wich says on the side that if dead or not useable i should inset the spare battery i also did not get this included when i bough the laptop. could someone tell me what i have to do from this point?
08-15-2013 04:22 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 08:58 AM by OscarFuentes
Please use the following instructions:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)