Question
Student
Message 1 of 2 (201 Views)
Accepted Solution

15-e056sl Windows 8.1 clean install

Hi,

I have the notebook in subject, after the upgrade to windows 8.1 in my hard disk I found a new recovery partition (350MB) plus the old recovery (400MB) plus the EFI partition (260MB)...so I have 1GB of space unused.

I think also is not normal that I need at least two days for complete re-install my nb using the recovery dvd or partition and then upgrade it to windows 8.1 by internet.

I would like to perform a clean installation of Windows 8.1 but I don't know how do this. I tried to download the original ISO from Microsoft but my product key is not accepted (with generic pk I get connection error).

I found my pk using RWEverything and tried to download the ISO with errors:

Windows8-Setup.exe

"this product key cannot be used to install a retail version of windows 8"

WindowsSetupBox.exe

this product key didn't work. please check it and try again

Can you help me please?

Accepted Solution

Re: 15-e056sl Windows 8.1 clean install

Sorry, but the Windows 8 DPK (digital product key) embedded in your computer isn't going to work for a clean install of Windows 8.1   Additionally, performing a clean install will result in a computer having no HP customizations, no HP value-added software, and no pre-installed drivers.

The only way to do a clean install of Windows 8.1 on your computer is to purchase a new copy of Windows 8.1

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (184 Views)

Re: 15-e056sl Windows 8.1 clean install

Sorry, but the Windows 8 DPK (digital product key) embedded in your computer isn't going to work for a clean install of Windows 8.1   Additionally, performing a clean install will result in a computer having no HP customizations, no HP value-added software, and no pre-installed drivers.

The only way to do a clean install of Windows 8.1 on your computer is to purchase a new copy of Windows 8.1

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation