Question

Honor Student
kcno58
Message 1 of 4 (1,352 Views)

17-e019dx HP Pavilion no wi-fi driver for Windows 8.1 update

Hi, I purchased this laptop which came with Windows 8.. I received a message on screen saying there were important updates, so I went ahead and updated from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 .. The problem is that since the update, the wi-fi doesn't work properly. It connects to the moden, and shows there's internet connection, but it doesn't work . I checked the driver, and turns out that is the problem, however when I try to update the driver, there doesn't seem to be one. My wireless is a Realtek RTL adapter, but when I search for it, there isn't one available for Windows 8.1 .

Why would there be an update to 8.1 if they don't have all the drivers ready ?  Can anyone help with this ?

I tried restoring but it wouldn't allow it .... I don't want to format the whole thing as I just bought this not too long ago ... Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Student
cpudude
Message 2 of 4 (1,185 Views)

Re: 17-e019dx HP Pavilion no wi-fi driver for Windows 8.1 update

[ Edited ]

The drivers are at

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=6627...

Choose windows 8.1 and scroll down to the "Driver-Network" part.

It may not work, but try to download both the ones you see there.

Honor Student
kcno58
Message 3 of 4 (1,119 Views)

Yeah, I already tried that, the only wireless driver listed is for a Qualcomm, but mine is a Realtek ..

Thanks anyway

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 4 (1,116 Views)

Hi Kcno58,

I understand you are looking for Realtek drivers for your HP Pavilion 17-e019dx. Here is a link to the drivers.

http://152.104.125.41/default.aspx

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation