06-28-2014 06:43 AM
After resetting the bios and reinstalling win 8 from recovery disks the unit says "Boot Device Not Found 3FO Hard Disk Error" Did the extensive test on hard drive(2hrs) everything seemed ok , F11 sysyem recovery , that went thru okay and after rebooting, that error message came up.. Do i need a new hard drive???
This question was solved. View Solution.
06-30-2014 04:47 PM
Thanks for posting on the HP Forums.
I understand the computer is unable to detect a boot device. I will do my best to assist you.
To troubleshoot the issue, HP released a document on this hardware error. If you try these steps, you may be able to resolve the boot device error: Resolve Boot Device not Found Error Message
I believe these steps will resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the computer should be serviced if the issue is not resolved. To do this, please contact HP phone support. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)