Question

Tutor
deville2
Message 1 of 2 (223 Views)
Accepted Solution

3FO failure

After resetting the bios and reinstalling win 8 from recovery disks the unit says "Boot Device Not Found 3FO Hard Disk Error" Did the extensive test on hard drive(2hrs) everything seemed ok , F11 sysyem recovery , that went thru okay and after rebooting,  that error message came up.. Do i need a new hard drive???

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (193 Views)

Re: 3FO failure

Hello deville2,

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums.

I understand the computer is unable to detect a boot device. I will do my best to assist you.

To troubleshoot the issue, HP released a document on this hardware error. If you try these steps, you may be able to resolve the boot device error: Resolve Boot Device not Found Error Message

I believe these steps will resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the computer should be serviced if the issue is not resolved. To do this, please contact HP phone support. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Thanks!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation