03-13-2010 10:12 PM
When my computer starts, the keyboard does not respond to anything except for alt key shortcuts. An example would be if I press the tab key, it switches windows or if I press the F4 key it closes a window. It seems that the alt key is permanently pressed down. The only way that I have been able to "release" it is to open any program that asks permission to open, such as opening the Device Manager or Changing User Accounts in the control panel. Sometimes it releases spontaneously. However, if i put the computer to sleep or restart it, the ALT key once again is stuck. I have done almost everything to try to rid this problem. This includes removing the battery and power supply and holding the power button down and restarting, deleting and upgrading keyboard drivers, upgrading the BIOS to the most recent one, Deleting windows and reinstalling it, upgrading from windows vista to windows 7, all to no avail. My specific HP Laptop model is the DV2415us and I'm running windows 7 professional 32 bit. If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated!!!!
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)