ALT Key stuck (not physically) PLEASE HELP (1091 Views)
Honor Student
Aynasr
Message 1 of 1 (1,091 Views)

ALT Key stuck (not physically) PLEASE HELP

When my computer starts, the keyboard does not respond to anything except for alt key shortcuts. An example would be if I press the tab key, it switches windows or if I press the F4 key it closes a window. It seems that the alt key is permanently pressed down. The only way that I have been able to "release" it is to open any program that asks permission to open, such as opening the Device Manager or Changing User Accounts in the control panel. Sometimes it releases spontaneously. However, if i put the computer to sleep or restart it, the ALT key once again is stuck. I have done almost everything to try to rid this problem. This includes removing the battery and power supply and holding the power button down and restarting, deleting and upgrading keyboard drivers, upgrading the BIOS to the most recent one, Deleting windows and reinstalling it, upgrading from windows vista to windows 7, all to no avail. My specific HP Laptop model is the DV2415us and I'm running windows 7 professional 32 bit. If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation