Question

Teacher
MrPhilipTran
Message 1 of 3 (4,103 Views)
Accepted Solution

AMD Graphics Driver Software

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a HP dv6-6102ax notebook, running on Windows 7 64Bit.

I would like to know if i can uninstall  (fully) the AMD Graphics Driver Software supplied by HP, and install the Generic Drivers from AMD/ATI

I have downloaded and installed the 12.3 version on my laptop without problem (meaning upgrading from existing HP Graphics Driver to the Generic Drivers from AMD/ATI; no uninstall), but errors keeps on showing up such as:

• Event 7000, Service Control Manager: The atillk64 service failed to start due to the following error. The system cannot find the file specified.
  • Event 7000, Service Control Manager:The atidgllk service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

I have read other forums about this problem, and that they all suggest that you should uninstall preexisting drivers (Fully) then install the new driver.

I would like to know if any compatibility issue would occur? as some drivers such as AMD Host Controller 3.0 and AMD SMBUS are included in the AMD Graphics software from HP, but not from AMD/ATI.

Thanks.

Intern
Schranzistor
Message 2 of 3 (4,059 Views)

Re: AMD Graphics Driver Software

Hi,

Iam from Germany. Here find you the latest AMD Driver Package from HP: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55092.exe

Best Regards

Teacher
MrPhilipTran
Message 3 of 3 (3,982 Views)

Re: AMD Graphics Driver Software

The latest ATI updates on the website www.AMD.com fixes these problems.

For the latest updates for graphics driver (since HP does not supply them anymore) go to:

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

If you are unsure what your graphics drivers are, download the 'Automatically Detect and Install' to ensure that you download the right drivers for your system and that it is compatible with the drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation