Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My grammer is bad. Sorry !

I am using HP G62-a50et notebook.

Window 7 graphic driver : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 

I formatted notebook and I install Windows 8 PRO 64 bit

I download latest ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series Windows 8 64 bit driver and install but error is contunie.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM  v1.20) - Graphic card driver error : Device not started (code:10)

What can I do ? Help me !!!

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi ardinc,

Take a look at this document, which deals with updating drivers and software with Windows Update for Windows 8.

More than likely HP is not going to support hardware for Windows 8 on any system purchased before Oct 1st 2011.  Most Windows 7 drivers will work in Windows 8.

You may want to take a look at this document for upgrading to Windows 8 

I hope this helps,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

@laika,

It looks like that is a quote or copy/paste of the original post in this thread. 

Do you have the exact same system with the same description?  I just want to be sure I am on the same page. 

When it comes to units that do not have official Windows 8 drivers, especially for switchable graphics, the steps in this post will need to be performed.

If the unit has switchable graphics, which the software page indicates this, I can say from my own experience that the driver package from AMD's site will not work.  Switchable graphics is developed by the notebook manufacturer, HP in this case, and the AMD package does not contain all the right software for that particular setup. 

The G62-a50et notebook was not tested for windows 8 by HP.  Review this site for more information. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hello 350000,

The answers CloudStrider and myself have provided, also apply to anyone else who jumps on this post with the same issue.   You will need to remain at Windows 7 with this notebook.

Good luck!

Signature
HP Recommended

i want  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 ( HD 5000 series) Windows 8 Pro 64 bit Driver

HP Recommended

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM  v1.20) - Graphic card driver error : Device not started (code:10)

I want this video card

HP Recommended

Hello malibasil.  I understand you're looking for a driver for your video card.

Which notebook do you own?  This document can show you how to identify it by the product number.

Are you using Windows 8?

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  Have a wonderful day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I've been waiting for this graphics card driver for Windows 8 since the official version until now, but still have to install to my computer. I'm sorry, because I do not use good English.
I need Driver ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 for Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. (HP DV3-4124TX)

Please please help me.

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

@billbatam,

I understand you are needing a Windows 8 driver for your HD5470 card.

This is not guaranteed to work, but it works in most cases.

1.  Install this driver in compatibility mode.  This thread covers how to install the graphics driver in compatibility mode.  It is for switchable graphics, but the steps are the same.

2.  Next, follow the steps in this thread to install the newest driver from AMD.  You will need the 13.4 driver from AMD which can be found here.  This is a desktop driver, but the release notes for the driver states it includes the mobile 5400 series as well.  

With these two steps, you should have a Windows 8 driver for your system.

Signature
HP Recommended

i wont driver  pavilion dv6 juvdt ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 win 8 64 pro

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.