08-21-2010 03:37 PM
My laptop is an HP G71 Notebook pc running windows 7 home premium. A couple of days ago, I had the occasion to restart my computer. Rather than seeing my normal sign in window for my desktop, my computer acted exactly like I was turning on a computer for the first time, i.e. "please wait while we build your desktop", "welcome to your new computer", etc. My usual desktop was gone and no data whatsoever. After recovering from a panic state, I rebooted and was presented with my computer in its' usual state. This has not happened again, yet for obvious reasons, I am quite concerned. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
08-21-2010 08:52 PM
Sometimes, Windows 7 loads a temporary profile if experiences any technical issues in loading the original profile. In this situation, you will see your files and the desktop icons & settings missing.
In most of the occasions, a restart will get back to original profile. In some occasions, as restart too will not get back to original profile. Here is a link that can help you in this situation:
However, it is still not completely clear to me why this happens.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)