Question

Tutor
Alpen
Message 1 of 6 (1,582 Views)

All 3 usb ports not working on windows 8.1

Hi  i will try again

Hi i was trying to download music via my ipod 6th Generation, but itunes did not reconise my ipod this has never happened before, i uninstalled and re installed several times. so went and looked into devices and the yellow triangle was against the ipod icon clicked into it and it stated " Windows is uninstalling this device (code 21).  Went into Device Manager and under Universal Serial Bus controllers opened it and  USA MASS STORAGE DEVICE has the yellow triangle - clicked into that and again states Windows is uninstalling this device (code 21) i have clicked update drive software with the results saying it is up to date

My computer is - HP pAVILION G6 NOTEBOOK - PRODUCT NUMBER C4M18EA#ABU   WINDOWS 8.1 64BIT.

i have tried another cable and a different ipod

Please help

Many thanks in advance

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (1,577 Views)

Re: All 3 usb ports not working on windows 8.1

Hi,

Please go to the following link and try    Scan now     :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5311...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
Alpen
Message 3 of 6 (1,573 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply, however i did what you asked and the reply is
We were unable to verify your product
HP was unable to verify that you have this product, but did find other products.
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 6 (1,562 Views)

Right click on the Yellow items in device manager and select "uninstall", then disconnect the ipod and restart your PC, then connect the ipod to see if it works now.

Tutor
Alpen
Message 5 of 6 (1,549 Views)

Hi

Already did that still does not work  :-(

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 6 of 6 (1,542 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation