Question

Top Student
KYDoberman
Message 1 of 12 (14,628 Views)

Anyone ever use Systweak? I attempted to use RegClean Pro and.......

Well I used the RegClean Pro and now my computer has been rendered useless.

When I turn it on - it begins the start up process, then go to a either black or blue screen with the arrow.

It goes no further - it appears to be working as the working led is lit - but it goes no where.

I have tried the diagnostic tests - hard drive test failed.

Am I now at recovery disk time? not sure - I d o not have them so I will have to order them from HP.

Thoughts?

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 12 (14,594 Views)

Re: Anyone ever use Systweak? I attempted to use RegClean Pro and.......

If you are getting hdd failed test_you need a new hdd,and yes you will need Recovery disks to install Windows on the new hdd.

Btw,have you tried F11 key immediately after powering on to see if you can boot into Recovery partition?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
KYDoberman
Message 3 of 12 (14,580 Views)

Wow a new hdd - is the computer worth it - I got it for $349.

I have tried the F10 and F11 start ups. When attempting to boot in safe mode - it starts downloading the drivers and gets stuck where the line says "disks" at the end. then says "please wait" then goes to a black screen with just the arrow cursor. Stuck!

Thoughts?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 12 (14,573 Views)

What is the full model number of your PC?

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 12 (14,568 Views)

Whether or not it is worth it, only you can decide. I just replaced the hdd in an HP laptop for a coworker, $45 for the hdd and of course she hadn't burned her Recovery Disk set either & had to order..around $20 I think. 

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
aaditya
Message 6 of 12 (14,523 Views)

Hi Dear ,

My apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please note RegClean Pro provides complete undo functionality. You can restore the registry backup to resolve the problem. To do so, please follow the steps below:

1. Run RegClean Pro and click on Backup Registry tab.

2. Select Partial Backups or Full Backups as required from the list of backups taken.

3. Select the backup you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.

After the problem is resolved, please get back to us with the scan log of RegClean Pro. We will get it tested at our end and provide you with the resolution to resolve the problem you faced.

May I request to you please send us the scan log follow the steps provided below:

On Windows XP: 

1. Click Start and then click Run option.

2. Type %AppData%\systweak\RegClean Pro\Version 6.1 and press Enter.

3.  A new folder will open. You will find a log file with a similar name like log_11-20-2010.log. Send it to us as an attachment

Once I have this information I will be in a better position to assist you in this matter.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Aaditya Singhal

aaditya@systweak.net

Student
NickPil
Message 7 of 12 (12,708 Views)

I have used RegClean Pro in the past.  I don’t know how much good it does but it doesn’t seem to do any harm either.

In any case I would not advise purchasing it because of Systweak policy: When you purchase license key they say you are covered with one year guaranteed upgrades.  At the end of the year though, the application stops to work altogether and asks for a new license key. There is no sense to argue with Systweak about this because it seems they don’t make difference between upgrades and usage license.      

Student
richardlara
Message 8 of 12 (11,191 Views)

Hello Aaditya

It seems as you are the Systweak's representative.

I am using this product of yours, Regclean Pro and performed the Registry Defrag. The system has shown a noticeable difference after that and is working quite happ  then before.

Can you brief me a little more, how frequent should I use this Regclean Pro to enhance the System performance.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Richard

Student
Venaissin
Message 9 of 12 (10,725 Views)

Hello aaditya,

I bought regclean Pro, then Systweak forced me into purchasing Advanced system Protector, and now systweak wants me to purchase Advanced system Optimizer....
Is that systweak policy to induce customers into multiple purchases ?

Moreover, the software pretends to discover hundreds of errors...only to force you to a purchase !

Can you answer staightforward and give me a reasonnable explanation of what mooks like a scam ?

thanks
Francis Mollet
Student
iainpadraig
Message 10 of 12 (3,405 Views)

My wife was told that she had 185 problems with her computer, though she had only had it for some three weeks, and agreed to buy a program to sort out  these problems. They then started to try to get her to spend more. We had to get in, and pay, our computer expert to get rid of the program, and she is now trying to recover her money from her visa account.j   Iainpadraig

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation