11-16-2009 08:13 PM
5 month ago, i was buy compaq CQ40-308TU ( DOS) and installed windows vista x64 for the OS.
my question is, can the recovery button ( F11) activated for recover my OS (if crashed someday), since i bought with non preinstalled OS ( only DOS).??
This question was solved. View Solution.
11-16-2009 08:50 PM
No, F11 only works with an HP preinstalled OS. Best option is an Imaging app.I use and like Macrium Reflect. It will make an Image on CD/DVD, external USB HDD, network drive...
|******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******|
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)