Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The issue sounds more as if the UEFI Diagnostic softpaq is not installing properly. If the install went correctly and reported completion, then F2 should point to the new firmware, not the old version as you have stated.

Try one of the versions on the following HP web document. Try from latest to older versions until you find one that works.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/previousVersions?softwareitem=ob-125296-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4...

UEFI versions.jpg

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

ALright, on the Hp site for this model (dv6-7028tx) the most current version is , 5.3.3.0 so will try reinstalling that and will let you know how I go.

And thanks again, your advice has saved me many hours of research!

HP Recommended

Hi Erico and all,

I finally managed to install the latest bios update and this is what was done.

I tried installing all the UEFI updates starting at the first one and for whatever reason my UEFI wouldnt update and thus, my Bios installation couldnt be completed. So after a hour of fiddling around I deleted the "HP_TOOLS" Partition and ran the bios update, selected "No" when asked to make a partition.

The Bios was flashed, computer restared and Voila! New Bios is installed.

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers

Avant-Garde

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.