Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Notebook HP G71-340US (Win 7 64 bit). Now I have intalled BIOS F.21A.

I would like to know which fix/enhancements I will have with BIOS F.23 (sp51527.exe).

And why  HP Support Assistant do not make that update automatically if it is programed to do that?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are no Fixes/Enhancements listed for the update on the driver page,so I would assume it is not needed unless you are having some problem that seems to require a BIOS update. HPSA may only recommend critical /important updates.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

There are no Fixes/Enhancements listed for the update on the driver page,so I would assume it is not needed unless you are having some problem that seems to require a BIOS update. HPSA may only recommend critical /important updates.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Accept as solution.

Regards.

HP Recommended

It looks that HP added some informations about this Bios update:

- Fixes an issue where moving or clicking a USB mouse that is attached to the notebook during the Power-On Self-Test (POST) prevents the system from booting.

- Fixes an intermittent issue that may result in an unexpected behavior, where the system stops responding (hangs) or a memory page fault is generated. This issue only occurs with 64-bit operating systems

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

HP Support Assistant is an automated delivery tool for updates from HP.  In some cases, the update cannot be delivered automatically through HP Support Assistant.   When this occurs, HP still provides the update on HP.com.   In most cases the update is corrected and provided in HP Support Assistant as a new update.  

I work on behalf of HP.

Click on Kudos if you like the response.
HP Recommended

Every time I switch on the sceen stays blank for a considerable time then it begins to download a new BIOS IMAGE continually repeating this for up to an hour at each sitting.At times it does look as if it will not recover with the screen being black most of this time.

HP Recommended
?
HP Recommended

Hello weilwan,

I see that you are having a problem with a BIOS update every time you start the computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Does the computer eventually start?  Was there any recent changes made before the problem started?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hello thanks for your reply npw05001. The modle is HP 630,Bios update has been re-running everytime I switch on, this will take up to an hour before I can connect. The screen stays blank for a considerable time whilst the down load is happening. Nothing has been done to the computer, the Bios update just came on & never went away.Cheers

HP Recommended

bios application erorr

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.