Question

Student
mommy89
Message 1 of 2 (48 Views)

Bad Experience

[ Edited ]

To whom it may concern,

I am absolutely disgusted with my experience with my new HP laptop. I purchased a laptop for school, and I had the computer only a few days before I got tired of having trouble. My PC runs extremely slow and it resets to a default proxy every time I am online. Not to mention my brand new laptop did not appear as though it was new. There were multiple scratches along the keys and bottom of the laptop. When I called hp tech support they stated that my computer must be slow because I had a virus. I don’t know how I would’ve picked up a virus with virus protection that fast? I was told even though my computer was under a warranty that I would have to pay $199.00 for technical support for a year. Reluctantly I did because this laptop is a necessity for my school. After spending an hour on with technical support my computer was operating the same way. I called tech support once again and the tech showed me how to manually adjust proxy settings (which I already knew how to do). In other words nothing at all was fixed now I’m stuck with a lousy computer, and out another $200 on top of what the laptop cost. I don’t know if the satisfaction of your “little” customers matters to such a large company, but I am truly disheartened by all of this. As it stands now I will never purchase another hp or recommend them to anyone. I’m a single mom saving for a surgery, and putting myself through school. I don’t have money to be frivolous with. Most disappointing I really feel like I was taken advantage of as I don’t believe the laptop was truly new. I hope things change in the future customers should not be treated like this.  

Abby Connelly

[edited personally identifiable information] 

Retired
eric-g
Message 2 of 2 (37 Views)

Re: Bad Experience

mommy89,

I have sent you a Private Message (PM) regarding this matter. To view your PM's, please refer to "How to check your messages."

Regards,

eric-g

I no longer work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation