Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Maybe so...

Please give me the device details for that too like you did for the card reader.

Paul

HP Recommended

Paul,

Here are the harware id's for the SDA  Standard CompliantSD Host Controller

PCI\VEN_1080&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_12

PCI\VEN_1080&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_00000000

PCI\VEN_1080&DEV_0843&REV_12

PCI\VEN_1080&DEV_0843

PCI\VEN_1080&DEV_0843&CC_080500

PCI\VEN_1080&DEV_0843&CC_0805

bOB

HP Recommended

Hi, Bob:

it is all part of that card reader controller stuff.

I suggest you right click on all the card reader devices and select uninstall.

If there is a checkbox to uninstall the driver, check those boxes too.

Restart the PC and if the drivers don't install correctly, download and reinstall the card reader driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-58981-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Paul

HP Recommended

Paul,

I UNINSTALLED both the Base System Device and the SD Host Controller with no problem.

On the Device Manager screen both were NOT shown.

I then restarted my notebook and NO problems occurred!!  (Were you punting on that play???)

I then went to the Device Manager screen to see what happened. The Host Controller showed up with NO yellow flag, so I  am assuming that problem is gone.

There were no tellow flags anywhere,but I couldn't find the Base System Device anywhere (might be buried somewhere).

I then put a SD card in its slot and it read properly, so I THINK we're okay!! What do you think?

Bob

HP Recommended

Hi, Bob:

That was my "Hail Mary" play.  :generic:

According to your report, everything is fixed.

The base system device/SD Host controller should now show up in the device manager as a SD host adapter.

The fact that your card reader is now working confirms all is well.

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended
Thanks for ALL your assistance!!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Enjoy!

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I am need of a siliar problem.  I have a HP Pavillion and jut recently replaced the hard drive and loaded the recovery cds on.  I cannot access the internet at all.  It says i must load network adapter drivers.  I see the same problems bob was having with the device mgr where alot of yellow signs are on the devices.  Any suggestions to get me back online again.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Just go into the device manager and post all the hardware ID's for the devices you need drivers for.

Read how to do that in one of my posts above.

Also please let me know what operating system you are running and if it is 32 or 64 bit--as well as the specific model number of your PC.

We should have you up and running in short order.

Paul

HP Recommended

I am running Vista 32 bit ON HP PAVILLION DV9700 P/N:FE694UA

Windows Diagnostics says Install Wirelss netwrking hardware, and verify that the correct drivers are loaded.

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_12

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_30CF103C

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_088000

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_0880

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.