Question

Student
Tigerlula
Message 1 of 2 (1,489 Views)

Base System Device Problems

v

Hi I seam to have a problem that has come from nowhere. I have a HP pavilion laptop series dv600 model dv6710ea. Every time I restart my laptop I get an error message saying my base system device driver needs updating and to insert the disk that came with my comp obviously I don't have a disk and I chose the option for windows to find a solution which there doesn't seam to be one. In my device manager it has a yellow exclamation mark on three base system device sections and one IEEE 1394 controller. I have searched the Internet high and low for help with this and cant seam to find anything helpful. From what I read I presumed I needed to download certain drivers from the HP website but I have tried downloading the majority of them and still I am stuck with the problem. Which drivers do I need???

As a last resort I even went to the effort of wiping my computer back to factory settings in hope this would wipe the problem away but it hasn't. Its a real problem as it is preventing me from using my CD/DVD drive to burn anything and my SD card reader as they are not being recognized.

Sorry its a bit long winded but I wanted to explain everything and would really appreciate any help or solution for this from anyone in the know...... As this is infuriating and I am one step away from throwing this laptop in the fire. Ha

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 2 (1,487 Views)

Re: Base System Device Problems

The Base System Device is related to card reader...You can download the driver from here and check .. Windows Vista - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/COL19729/ob-55777-1/sp37726.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation